Alternative Protein Sources That Help Aid Weight Loss
To give our metabolism a boost-up, we need to consume as much protein as we can. Metabolism is like your special power for a rapid weight loss. And when it comes to protein, the first thing we had in mind is to consume more meat, lots and lots of meat. What we didn’t know is that protein can also be found on non-meat sources as well. So for those people who have an unhealthy relationship with meat or just going vegan for the first time, here are top five non-sources of protein.
- People tend to overlook the amazing powers of beans and lentils. What some of us didn’t know is that they are jam-packed with essential nutrients such as B vitamins, dietary fiber, and among others. For vegans, beans and lentils are your friends if you don’t want meat to have a place in your plate. A single cup of beans and lentils contains 8g of protein. Not to mention, other nutrients as well such as iron, fiber, and folate.
- There are plenty of dairy products for you to choose from ranging from milk, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, all containing protein. Additionally, they are also rich in vitamins A, B12, potassium, magnesium, and riboflavin as well. A glass of milk or a cup of yogurt a day should be enough to get your daily protein needs. It’s best to consume them during breakfast so that you can jumpstart your day with protein goodness.
- Fishes, no matter the kind, are all rich in vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B12, vitamin D, iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium, and more. Not to mention, their rich omega-3 content that helps keep eye, brain, and nerve health to function as it should. People who are following the keto diet are fond of eating fish. Additionally, thanks to fishes’ rich protein content, it helps boost your heart health to prevent getting all kinds of heart complications or stroke.
- Different kinds of nuts are all rich in protein. So instead of opting for sweets for bite-sized snacks, try replacing them with nuts to get your much-needed protein. Start your day by having a peanut butter sandwich paired with almonds for that deliciously satisfying morning breakfast. Feel hungry at work or at school? Grab a bag of nuts and ward off your hunger away.
- Lastly, the holy grail of all non-meat protein sources is non-other than eggs. Keto diet followers like to binge on an egg for an easy and rapid weight loss. A single medium-sized egg is packed with 6g of protein. Eggs are also versatile as you can prepare them in whatever way you want be it scrambled, sunny-side up, hardboiled, or omelet. Eating eggs have never been fun!